Lawyers For Hospitals & Health Systems
New York healthcare attorneys at Norman Spencer Law Group know that numerous and constantly evolving laws and regulations often impact hospitals and health care systems in significant ways. Fortunately, thanks to their vast experience in serving the legal needs of these clients in a large variety of issues, our lawyers have the knowledge and expertise necessary to help guide health care systems and hospitals through the complicated and tedious network of regulations. Norman Spencer Law Group has represented these businesses in every aspect of health care law, such as:
- Counseling for abuse and fraud, which includes assistance in complying with federal Anti-Kickback regulations and Stark law
- Compliance with Stark, HITECH, HIPAA, EMTALA
- Compliance with Medicaid and Medicare
- Audits and appeals regarding MAC, Medicaid, RAC, XPIC, Medicare and private payors
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Support with corrective action plans, termination appeals and accreditation surveys
- Assistance complying with documentation for Medicaid and Medicare as well as payment and coding laws
- Transaction and contract arrangements
- Purchasing and supply chain transactions, operations and structure
- Training in compliance measures
- Corporate governance, policies and operations
- Assistance with drafting policies and programs to ensure compliance
- Issues with medical staff
- Certificate of Need (CON) and licensing issues
- Purchases, leases, sales and other real estate dealings
- Doctor practice sales and acquisitions and other types of health care asset buying arrangements
- Joint ventures with doctors, doctor groups and other medical entities that include, but are not limited to, hospices, home health care agencies and IDTFs
- Partnerships with doctor-owned distribution businesses
- Quality incentive programs with doctors
Legal Experience with Health Care Systems and Hospitals
Audits: Hospitals and health care systems still deal with intensive surveillance by Medicare contractors, third party payors and RACs, which often includes frequent reviews of brief-stay outpatient and inpatient cases. Norman Spencer Law Group is a national leader in Medicare, Medicaid, RAC and third party payor defense. We have especially earned a reputation for proactively protecting our clients in cases of audits by RACs. We represent and advise our hospital and health care system clients during each stage of the audit procedure. To obtain more information on the ways our law office can help you present the strongest possible defense, please visit our audit defense page.
Compliance Plans: The attorneys as Norman Spencer Law Group have provided counsel for numerous health care systems and hospitals regarding HITECH and HIPAA laws as well as compliance with FDA regulations, Anti-Markup Rules, Medicare reimbursement, federal Anti-Kickback statutes and Stark law.
Stark Law: Our lawyers have helped our clients to navigate complicated federal Anti-Kickback and Stark law issues for more than a quarter of a century. Health care system and hospital arrangements with other medical entities, doctors and doctor practices can implicate Stark law. Our expert lawyers can assist health care providers in carefully evaluating proposed or current arrangements under this law.
Accountable Care Organizations: At Norman Spencer Law Group, we have maintained our position on the leading edge in understanding the policy and regulation hurdles that affect Accountable Care Organizations. We are able to help all of our health care system and hospital clients navigate the tedious, complex and often confusing issues that surround these organizations.
Recent Areas of Focus Regarding Health care Systems and Hospitals
- Meaningful Use for electronic health records (EHR)
- RAC audits and the Two-Midnight rule
- Compliance with Security Rule and HIPAA
- Compliance with Anti-Kickback statutes and Stark law